Everyone who uses a computer for a little bit of time believes they know enough about computers to fix most issues they may come across. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. If you believe you know enough about basic computer knowledge, then take this quiz. It will either confirm your knowledge or let you know you need to brush up on a few things. It is also a great quiz for those help desk operators who usually get their answers from a help manual. The first ten questions involve the most commonly asked help desk questions. The last ten questions relate to common email issues. Good Luck!
Do not change your answer during the test as it will ruin the score.
You may do this after scoring is calculated to see the other answers.
If you make a mistake, hit Clear below to restart the test!
This quiz is for entertainment purposes only.
2. What is the smallest unit of data in a computer?
3. What is the program your personal computer's microprocessor uses to get the computer system started after you turn it on?
4. What is the standard interactive and programming language for getting information from a database?
5. What is a collection of small programs, any of which can be called when needed by a larger program that is running in the computer
Dynamic Link Library RESULT:
6. What is the place in a computer where the operating system, application programs, and data in current use are kept so that they can be quickly reached by the computer's processor
Random Access Memory
Access Control List RESULT:
7. This is a network point that acts as an entrance to another network.
8. This is the measure of the range of frequencies a communication signal occupies.
9. This is the device, or in some cases, software in a computer, that determines the next network point to which a packet is forwarded toward its destination.
Control Interface RESULT:
10. This is a set of related programs, located at a network gateway server, that protects the resources of a private network from users from other networks.
11. Suppose you want to send an e-mail note to someone on the Internet. Which of these do you NOT need?
Internet Service Provider
12. When you get connected to the Internet with a modem, the exchange of information between your modem and the modem at the other end and the resulting agreement about which protocol to use is called: